Sunday, February 6, 2011

Venustation

n. act of causing someone to be beautiful or handsome.

I have always wondered: what makes girls beautiful? What phenomenon must occur for there to be attraction?

I have always been one to find many, many people attractive, but not necessarily the way everyone finds someone attractive. My type isn't exactly as you put it, 'normal.'

I have been asked before why I liked someone. Yes, someone has told me that my crush isn't pretty. I guess it was a let down at first. Then, I realized that I didn't really care so much. In my eyes, I saw beauty, and from my eyes, no one can steal beauty away.

I've even went up to someone and told her she beautiful, but instead of a 'thank you,' I received in reply: 'okay, this is awkward' and a 'why?' I didn't know how to respond. By some venustation, perhaps, there is an answer. I will never really know. It's like having a favorite color. Would you ever know what makes a color attractive? Or what makes music soothing? Or what makes flowers so pleasing to the eyes? God made made them that way. That's why.

This is now addressed to all those who ever asked. I can give you a reason, just one. I don't need to explain or defend myself, I just need you to hear me out. God is your venustation. He made you that way, God made you in such a way, that you have someone that will adore you. Someone that will find you beautiful, gorgeous, lovely, irresistible. I am one of those guys, and I pray to God that He made me equally as beautiful in your eyes. For beauty isn't something that will only be external. I hope that my beauty will be found by someone, and loved by someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment