Saturday, February 19, 2011

Teliferous

adj. bearing darts or missiles.

There are things in life that you have, and you love having, but hurts too much to hold on to. Just like an abusive friend perhaps? Maybe a cheating girlfriend? Or a crush that just keeps you around, and plays with you. Or feelings for a person you know you'll never be with. Or your first car, that always breaks down, and constantly need repairs.

This car of mine, a really old model, older than my sister, is too much of a pain. I've had it repaired so many, many times before. It just keeps on breaking down, one problem after another, but I love that car. It's my first, and it's something special to me. It's close to my heart.

However, it being old, it's teliferous mileage is starting to beat down on it. Damaging and wrecking every single mechanism that works in it, slowly. Costing so much in repairs, as much as I'd love to keep it around, when it gets unbearable, there is a need for goodbyes.

And compared to damages from darts and missiles, a goodbye is a nuclear bomb, just waiting to annihilate every single drop of life in me. So, I guess, I'll pick my poison when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment