Saturday, February 5, 2011

Latibule

You may be wondering (if you'll ever find this) why the title is "My Latibule" or why the URL is inalatibule (in a latibule). Or before anything else, you may wonder what a Latibule is.

There are a lot of dying words in the English vocabulary already, there are words that not even a dictionary can define. A friend of mine once sent me a link to where a few of these words may be found.

It's a very entertaining website where certain words of old may be found and incorporated into our vocabulary. You can even adopt (use in everyday speech as often as you can) a word here.

And, in a long, desperate attempt to write an epic poem, or a blog, or something similar to any of those two, I searched for a word I can start with.

It was just there, on a black background, very unseen, in silver script: "latibule." It was defined like this:

n. hiding place
A latibule isn't a latibule if everyone knows about it.

So, with that, I leave everyone to search for me here, if you'll all find me. It's time for me to retreat now, into my latibule.

No comments:

Post a Comment