Saturday, February 12, 2011

Archiloquy

n. first part of a speech

Everything has to begin from somewhere. And having finished our case study on the origin of life, I must think that I have begun from somewhere as well. All relationships begin from somewhere. And since it's Valentine's day soon enough. Let us talk about the archiloquy of the novel I'm attempting to write, and someday I hope I'll finish, my love story. A story I won't be ashamed to tell.

Let us recount the experiences. It's like a long, well-thought, written speech a speaker would deliver at some talk. He uses notes, a slideshow, pretty much, he has a guide to help get through his presentation. However, a speaker's archiloquy has pretty much no factual data to support his upcoming, still non-existing stand. Thus, notes will probably not help him.

The archiloquy to my love story is pretty much the same thing. I had no guides, nothing to help me remember that beautiful girl's face when we were introduced. So she waved hi, spoke my name, and re-introduced herself. And what did I do? I nodded, gave an awkward smile, and proceeded on my way. When I left, I resisted looking back, and resisted having an awkward conversation in an already awkward moment. And then, well... that's how it all began.

It's quite funny how introductions quite often turn out as wrecks for presentations. When you try to be entertaining and play a game, it never comes out as planned. Thus taking too long, or the crowd becomes too unruly. In my case, well... I never planned an introduction. The archiloquy wrote itself. What's worse is that, when I know I need it to stop writing itself, the pen just bleeds on more. It's like that last piece of food on your plate you know you need to finish, but you know you can't eat one more bite. The archiloquy kept on writing itself. And one day, it just ended, and moved on to another part of the novel I wanted to go through, the rest of it. And when the novel ended with a somewhat sad ending, an ending I never wanted to tell, the sequel started to write itself, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment