Thursday, February 10, 2011

Embolimaeal

adj. intercalary; inserted into the calendar.

Why not we have a countdown? FOUR days left. It's the tenth of February, and well, I have [somewhat] a plan for Valentine's. It's just like a birthday for me, I plan on doing something special, but my plan never turns out the way I want it to. Valentine's, Christmas and my birthday are significant embolimaeal events for me. They're always pretty big, and Valentine's was never a part until I got into college.

So, let me recount all the Valentine's days I've planned since my first year in high school...

Ok fine, second year, I don't remember my freshman year so much...

In second year, I was planning to screw Valentine's day, go home, and sleep! This was the year where A*** and myself well..... things ended quite badly... I don't really remember how everything started and ended, and now, I don't think she remembers me.

In third year, Valentine's day... was on a weekday... and it was PROM season. Wow, I think I'll keep the details between me and my prom date. (Hello to you, prom date, if you get the chance to see this blog.) But to summarize, well... I had fun, and now I possess a traboccant collection of fun but somewhat awkward memories. It wasn't exactly Valentine's but PROM night was pretty amazing in itself.

In my senior year in high school... Wow, Valentine's in my senior year. I remember spending Valentine's this year with new-found friends. I'm not so sure on this, but this year, Valentine's was spent well.... goofing off.

In my college freshman year... Well, I liked Valentine's day this year. Though, if memory serves me well, it was on a Sunday, so, my Valentine's plan was delayed by one day. However, the memory should remain between me and her. So, the details shall remain hidden elsewhere, in a separate latibule.

Sophomore year of college... Well, this year has proven to be full of surprises. I have a plan, I'm not sure about anything though, because as of late, everything's been pretty confusing. I could say that Valentine's has a fifty-fifty chance of being a complete wreck, and the other fifty percent chance with everything remaining the same. I'm sure of this already, that this Valentine's no progress will occur. I can only hope now for the better fifty percent, for things to remain the way they are with.... [Bugs Bunny].

So, do I smell a personal tradition in the making? Valentine's with equal embolimaeality as my birthday? Maybe so. I don't know. I'll just play it by year, whether Valentine's would be as special on a yearly basis. For as long as I remember, Valentine's never really meant anything to me until recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment