Monday, February 7, 2011

Quaeritate

v. to ask

There are many questions that have been plaguing me for a long time now... And I want to ask them all. But the biggest question of all is this: "why are these questions haunting me?"

I've always wanted to have an answer for everything. It always pained me to answer: "I don't know." Until I realized that 'I don't know' qualifies for a legitimate answer after all.

Being just a human being, I'm not omniscient, I'm not omnipotent. I'm just regular old me. There are really questions that I will never be able to answer. I've always wanted to give the best answer when someone asked me, 'why?' It's a quaeritation that has a capability of being ineffable, especially with very trivial topics such as love, life, and faith. And recently, I've quaeritated myself, 'why do I...?' It's really hard to answer that question. And there are a million and more ways to answer these types of questions. All that I have left to ask now is: "Why do I need an answer?" I guess I have a somewhat correct answer, but it's for the wrong question. "I don't need an answer.... just yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment