Friday, February 11, 2011

Ossifragant

adj. bone-breaking

One eventually goes through the troubles of injuries in life. Especially if you're either, athletic, trying-to-be-athletic, or intensely clumsy. What more if you're a combination of all three? You're a walking disaster waiting to happen. Also, there are some people cursed with scaevity(n. unluckiness) who, without managing to do anything suffer injuries.

However, ossifragant injuries do not only occur physically, but as a figure of speech, I have been injured ossifragantly before. I've never had a broken bone in the past. Except for what I think could possibly be either a stress fracture in my shins, or shinsplints. But that's the worst injury I've probably gotten, or maybe the carpal tunnel scare during the golfer days, or the ankle back in 2009 (I couldn't walk for two days(?) I think)

But the worst injuries of my life cannot be felt physically. (Although physical effects may occur after some time.) These injuries cannot be avoided as well. No matter how careful you are yourself, as time passes, you'll just have these injuries, and they will change your life forever.

However, Valentine's season is not a time to grieve, not a time to be sad at all. It's a time to rejoice, a day for couples to celebrate what they have, what they've shared, what they've been through, or what they are going through, despite it being good or bad.

And despite this blog having a very negative title. I must share something that was, for me, ossifragant, yet it gave me more reason to believe in something. An event that occurred so far away from Valentine's day.

I'm one of the jealous types, I think there's no argument there. So, when I found out that some of my friends had been keeping stories from me, I decided to deceive and play around. I took advantage of the internet, online messaging almost killed this friendship. Eventually, I found out the stories they were keeping from me, but at the cost of something greater. This friend of mine... let's call her Coke, just vanished. She was online, but she never talked to me, even as I tried speaking to her. She just went about her own business, never failing to ignore me. Fast forward... around 7 or 8 years later... to 2011. Well... I can just say now, that she's the person I really tell everything to. Despite our limited chances of seeing each other, because she lives and studies so far away. Approximately eight years ago, I was twelve. It was an emotionally ossifragant experience for me, losing a friend I had held so dear, I guess it was a broken experience. And the broken bones, a broken heart really teaches you something. I guess a broken heart is a good experience every once in a while. But break a heart too much, and it becomes as cold as ice when it heals. It will never break again, probably, but it's pretty hard to soften up as well. So, a heart can only break so much times, but this Valentine's I don't want my heart breaking, but if it must, let it be as ossifragant as it can get. It'll heal stronger that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment