Tuesday, March 8, 2011

One

One day left. It's almost here. Actually, less than a day left.

It's currently around 4:30pm, so around seven and a half hours left before the big TWO-OH. UH-OH.

I'm growing up so fast, I can still remember the days I was starting basketball. The days I hated the damn sport. The day that my dad threw a basketball at me, and it hit my face. I have a lot of memories such as this, let us give it all some closure. I'll finally share some moments in my life, that I need to get over, let go, and forget.

First: this is actually a series of memories. Many, many times when I'd hang out with my cousin, C. Dad would think I'm gay and over and over again, he'd get mad at me for it. Over and over again, it would be the worst moments of my life. To think that my dad could do that.

Second: again with my dad. I remember the first time I really had a crush on someone. I was in the sixth or seventh grade if I recall right. I didn't really want to tell anybody, but then people found out. My dad had the worst reaction: it went something like, "bakit naman siya? eh, pangit naman siya." To think my dad did that.

Third: another day again, with my dad. That one morning he woke me up so early, and had me play basketball. He threw a ball in my face, and for some time I'd been afraid of basketballs. I have gotten over that, but this day still has a bearing on me. He screamed at me, got mad, and pushed me around. He was still younger then, so he was a little bit stronger. To think my dad did that.

Fourth: one day in second grade. Finally not something with my dad. I remember being the one that was always chased around. I remember someone I knew, roughed me up a little bit, put glue in my eye, and that was pretty bad for my age. I remembered that moment until we were in second year high school and that same guy was my classmate, I just don't remember who his goons were. But I often still think of that moment, that I still have something to prove, perhaps. I don't.

Fifth: a more recent moment. I guess this was the one I was hurt pretty bad. This is just about the Miami Heat. I thought LeBron was meant for that team. I guess not. Sometimes, hard feelings occur, and LeBron just has to move on. Maybe he should stop being King James, and just be LeBron James instead, find something new about the Miami Heat, and maybe, in effect take on a whole new person. Maybe that way, LeBron James would be happier and finally win a ring for himself, and stop dreaming of reaching Jordan, because no one ever will.

These five moments are all I can think of at the moment. In a couple of hours, I just have to move past them. There are things that are worth holding on to. You'll hear about them soon enough, when I realize what there are to hold on to. And they're quite a number as well. It's now almost 5:00pm, and I have seven hours left to hold on to every little one of these things, similar to these five.

No comments:

Post a Comment